Primary Care — Where you are the primary concern.
True or false? The same doctor can prescribe antibiotics, remove a suspicious mole, and keep track of when you need your next mammogram?
TRUE! Primary care providers can treat all of these things, and more!
What do the words “Primary Care Provider” mean to you?
A primary care provider cares for the whole person. Your primary care provider can be your go-to-person to help you feel better and advise you in navigating the complicated world of healthcare.
- Knows you and your health history
- Treats aches, pains, colds and other acute conditions
- Cares for most diseases except uncommon or unusual ones
- Provides preventative care, including cancer screenings and information on how to prevent chronic diseases like diabetes.
- Coordinates care with specialists and surgeons as your “healthcare quarterback”
- Prescribes and reconciles medications
- Monitors your health and coaches you towards achieving your health goals
That means the same doctor can treat your depression, help you plan whether or not to get pregnant, and coach you towards achieving optimal health.
How do you stay your healthiest self? A major factor is visiting your doctor often enough to detect—and learn about tools to prevent — chronic illnesses like high blood pressure and obesity.
According to the Council on Graduate Medical Education, patients who can easily access a primary care doctor will spend less money on health services and have better health.
Primary care saves patients money, optimizes health care delivery, and makes sure you stay well in both sickness and health.
The primary care providers at Las Vegas Medical Group are here for you! Meet our providers here.
Plus, we offer online appointment scheduling to make it easy. Check out AltaVistaAnytime.com.
* Early morning calls may result in a same day appointment; late afternoon calls may be scheduled at the next available date.
**With rare exceptions for emergencies or for patients needing extra attention.
Las Vegas, NM 87701
Family Medicine and Internal Medicine (Primary Care) are parts part of Alta Vista Regional Hospital.